We are only 75 days away from the start of our event and we still need sponsors for a 4×4 vehicle, an Off-Road Camper Trailer and Fuel for our vehicle. We still have some key items that we are looking for a sponsor to provide us so that we don’t need to tap into our savings any more than necessary.
Unfortunately Ford Motor Company, Toyota Australia, Mitsubishi Motors Australia, Holden, Jeep, Nissan and Land Rover have not been able to help us or haven’t yet responded…we’re still interested in you! 🙂 We have had a response from some individual dealer principals, stating that as much as they love our cause, they are not allowed to sponsor us for a national event. It’s a difficult position for them to be in, but if there’s a way to make it work, we’re happy to work with you!
We need a four wheel drive vehicle that has a minimum of 7 seats. We are not worried about having a brand new vehicle (however that would be ideal), it just needs to be mechanically perfect. We are also happy to return the vehicle at the end of the event so that it can be sold to recover some of the costs of this sponsorship. The vehicle needs to have the following critical items (These items do not have to be paid for by the vehicle supplier, an after market accessories company is welcome to step up and supply these items);
- Steel Bull Bar & Winch
- Heavy Duty Tow Bar with Wiring and Anderson Plug
- Heavy Duty Roof Racks
- 2nd Spare Wheel/Tyre & Carrier
- Long Range Fuel Tanks or Fuel Cans and Mounts
- Off-Road Suspension
- Anderson Plug at the Front of the Vehicle
- Fitment of our REDARC Supplied Dual Battery Charging System
- Fitment of our REDARC Supplied Electric Trailer Brake System
- Fitment of our Communications Equipment (Barrett Radio, UHF radios etc)
- A New Set of Off-Road Tyres
Off-Road Camper Trailer
We need a heavy duty Off-Road Camper Trailer that is large enough to suit our family of 6. Again we are not necessarily looking for a new unit, but like the vehicle, it will need to be mechanically perfect. The camper needs to have the following critical items ;
- Large Fridge suitable for a family of 6 (2 adults and 4 kids)
- Independent Coil Spring Suspension
- Electric Brakes (preferably AL-KO ESC)
- Minimum of 2 heavy duty Batteries
- Anderson Plug to Charge the Batteries
- Fitment of our REDARC Supplied 2000W Inverter
- A New Set of Off-Road Tyres
- 2nd Spare Wheel/Tyre and Holder
- Top Rack for Carrying Extra Equipment/Bikes
Driving around this wonderful Country during our Journey is going to be extremely exciting, however the cost of fuel to complete the event is going to be significant. We expect to be doing around 80,000 kilometers which will equate to around $18,000 worth of fuel.
If you are able to supply any of the above items, please get in contact with us as soon as possible DrivingOzBlackDog@gmail.com or 0427 388 168. Please encourage any dealerships/businesses that you know that supply any of the above items, to help us out ASAP. We are available to discuss sponsorship or our event in general 7 days a week.
Please refer to our website for the latest Sponsorship Packages and the the most up to date list of equipment that we still require.