We received a parcel yesterday thanks to Barrett Communications… A brand new 2050 HF Radio with built in GPS and an automatic tuning antenna.
This radio will provide us with a means of communications across most of Australia. The radio has the following channels programmed into it;
- VKS-737 – The VKS-737 Radio Network is a division of the Australian National 4WD Radio Network Inc. a national Public Benevolent Institution established “for the relief of sickness, suffering, helplessness, destitution and misfortune to a disadvantaged section of the community, being all ‘outback” travellers who are in distress by providing them with emergency assistance and support in co-operation with other organisations”. The VKS-737 Network provides services in conjunction with state emergency service organisations 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via 19 Base Stations strategically located around Australia. Subscribers can make unlimited free calls to emergency services and can also receive messages from family and friends at no extra cost.
- RFDS – The Royal Flying Doctor Service is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world, providing extensive primary health care and 24-hour emergency service to people over an area of 7.3 million square kilometres.
- Weather – Forecast Weather Conditions
- Radio Telephone – To make phone calls using the radio
- ABC – News etc
- Radio Australia – News etc
- BBC World – News etc
- Radio New Zealand – News etc
- Many other channels
Thanks again Barrett Communications for your magnificent support for our event!
If your organisation is considering sponsoring us, please get in contact with us as soon as possible.